Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Soundtrack to my life...

I often have a soundtrack playing in my head and its never "cool" music either. It could be something I've heard before like a popular melody or a guitar rift (think white stripes 7 nation army...) It could also be something I've made up without quite realizing that I have. Either way, its odd when I catch myself doing it.

For example, I have a very bubbly "driving" specific tune that sounds a bit like the beginning of Nelly Furtado's "All good things".

What encouraged me to write this post however was the emergence of something odd with respects to mental soundtracks. When I'm riding my bike on the way to work with a skirt on, I get the Wicked Witch of the West theme song stuck in my head. Maybe it's a function of all that billowing cloth and the feeling that I'm on a mission because I'm, once again, late for work...I don't know. It's still disturbing.

3 comments:

  1. hehe.. i would like a tweetpeek in the made up songs. If you think you're weird, I have 'in the loo' melody. made up, irritating and completely gross.

    Please dont tell anyone :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Injstinctivecuriosity - Wow...that's a case in point. People don't understand how annoying mind melody's can be! It's not always pleasant to have them!

    ReplyDelete

leave me a little love note! I really look forward to hearing from you