Sunday, April 26, 2009

Sunday Musings

Happy Sunday everyone!

I woke up relatively early and made a lovely breakfast. I'll be making some tea in just a while and hopefully my mum and our family friend might come visit for late lunch. I'm looking forward to seeing her - I haven't in a while. With the chaos and stress of my life as of late, I'm not surprised that I'm craving some motherly attention. Plus, she always has the best goodies in her purse and the sweetest smelling hand creams...(how she fits all those things in there is beyond me!)

Still reading Shantaram and happily doing so. I hope that it never ends. This book just lets my mind run free and rampant but gathers me up just in time to gain the focus necessary to relate to its experiences and messages.

We all feel that we ought to learn something from life and the feelings we associate with it each day. Really though, how often do we manage to do that? The more negative the feelings, the harder it seems to be to find truth and meaning despite the sheer "miserableness" of it all.

I loved this passage.

I clenched my teeth against the stars. I closed my eyes. I surrendered to sleep. One of the reasons why we crave love, and seek it so desperately, is that love is the only cure for loneliness, and shame and sorrow. But some feelings sink so deep into the heart that only loneliness can help you feel them again. Some truths about yourself are so painful that only shame can help you live with them. And some things are just so sad that only your soul can do the crying for you.

How hauntingly true.

I figure that you can only keep running for so long before you just have to face it, whatever it is and work through it. Don't get discouraged during these times dear reader; it is then that you can learn the most about the extent of your personal strength.

Enjoy your Sunday regardless of what you're facing. There's always something to be thankful for.

(Photo by Lemonade)

No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a little love note! I really look forward to hearing from you