Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A Story's Worth

Taken from Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts, this adeptly describes how necessary it is that we know, acknowledge and embody each others stories no matter how far from our realities they might seem. In truth, I feel this is why I sojourn to this blog during my day. It's the reason why I write to you...

There's a truth that's deeper than experience. It's beyond what we see, or even what we feel. It's an order of truth that separates the profound from the merely clever, and the reality from the perception. We're helpless, usually in the face of it; and the cost of knowing it, like the cost of knowing love, is sometimes greater than any heart would willingly pay. It doesn't always help us to love the world, but it does prevent us from hating the world. And the only way to know the truth is to share it, from heart to heart...

It's around 1:15 a.m but I'll be up for a while yet. Il y aura une nuit blanche bien necessaire. Just wanted to take a break and share this with you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

leave me a little love note! I really look forward to hearing from you