Thursday, May 20, 2010

Restless

I've been entertaining the strangest and most foreign thoughts lately; ideas so ludicrous that I expect my usually-grounded-control-freak mind to rebel against.

Throughout last week and into this week, I've been feeling particularly out of sorts. I don't exactly understand why since I'm incredibly content with my life at the moment; I have a great job, excellent colleagues, I make dozens of fantastic contacts on a regular basis, the weather is hot, there's a hammock on my balcony with my name on it, I have a lot of plans in the works for myself that are positive and exciting and I have love. You must be thinking, what does she have to complain about?

Truth is...very little! So what's the problem?

I'm incredibly restless

Although I tend to like "constants" in my life, there's a part of me that yearns to be ill-fated to the sort of life portrayed by Juliette Binoche in Chocolat

(I picked her rather than a gypsy because she's very stylish and doesn't have the problem of terrible teeth and personal hygene...yuck!)

Do you ever think about life's what-ifs? What would life be like if you just left it all, right now. 

Pack up. Take what you need. Get on a plane. Build a business... start a life somewhere else. 

I vote for my new life on a beach.
Our private Koh Kood Beach



















What an enchanting thought...

(Photo Credit - Ben)

2 comments:

  1. I definitely entertain thoughts of moving far, far away. Like to Paris. Or maybe to some small town along the coast of South Carolina or something like that.

    But the realities of life, like student loans and mortgage payments keep my feet firmly on the ground... But I do like my life here, so that isn't the worst thing. But it is fun to imagine another life completely different from the life I am living!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for sure - the realities of life definitely keep things grounded.

    Paris would be amazing though...

    * sigh *

    ReplyDelete

leave me a little love note! I really look forward to hearing from you