Friday, May 8, 2009

Another year, some more time...

Happy Birthday to me!

So, it's my Birthday today and although I didn't want to make it a big deal, I'm kinda happy that it was acknowledged. I went into work praying that no one knew it was my birthday. Thankfully, that was the case all through the morning until I was in the student centre with my boss towards mid-day and my friends popped out of nowhere (seriously, nowhere!) with a homemade hat and big smiles. Although I was absolutely embarassed at the thought of everyone making a fuss of my birthday AND horrified when my boss told everyone in the office as well, I couldn't help but be thankful.

I look at all my friends and the people that I've met throughout my life and I really consider myself blessed to have met them and to have had the opportunity to form relationships with them regardless of the type. Their big smiles, careful criticisms and kind eyes often helped me make the best of my day and without them, I'd be miserable, surely.

Happy Birthday Elizabeth! .....

So today, on my birthday, I just wish for the continuous support from those that I love and the chance to always make them a part of my life. Thank you for all that you do. You don't understand how much you mean to me.

(Picture credits - abbietabbie)

1 comment:

leave me a little love note! I really look forward to hearing from you